Meeting People

Questions and discussions about relationships: girlfriends, boyfriends, lovers, partners, friends, family or other intimate relationships in your lives.
idk anymore
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I have a pretty good sense of humor
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He/Him
Sexual identity: Pan, mostly

Meeting People

Unread post by idk anymore »

Is it possible for people to meet other people during the pandemic without using dating apps because they are all 18+ (unless they aren't 18+ and then tell me about it plz) I'm so lonely and I really need to feel loved, or just wanted, especially right now
I hate the word homophobia. It's not a phobia. You're not scared. You're an asshole.

~Morgan Freeman
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Meeting People

Unread post by Heather »

Are you talking about meeting other people in a specific kind of relationship context?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
idk anymore
not a newbie

Well yes and no. I'm pretty sexual. To know someone has enough interest in me to have sex with me is enough to make me happy. Or, at least I think that. I wouldn't really know. Being in a relationship with someone would also be great because then I will feel loved. I feel like everyone deserves to be loved in someway or another, because its a pretty broad term, and my parents certainly aren't fulfilling that role. However, I also recognize that I'm young, and I have my whole life ahead of me, blah, blah, blah. So I would be happy with a true-blue friendship. It doesn't have to be in a romantic context if I felt they were actually a really really good friend that I can rely on.
I hate the word homophobia. It's not a phobia. You're not scared. You're an asshole.

~Morgan Freeman
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

If you're looking to connect with people and get to know them, something that can help is to look for online communities centered around a hobby or interest of yours. That way, you have a common starting point when getting to know people, and you're getting to talk about or engage in something you like while also making friends.
And you to whom adversity has dealt the final blow/with smiling bastards lying to you everywhere you go/turn to and put out all your strength of arm and heart and brain/and like the Mary Ellen Carter rise again.
idk anymore
not a newbie

Good idea!

~Morgan Freeman
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic