I think I’m part of the aroace spectrum.

Questions and discussion about your sexuality and how it's a part of who you are as a person.
Epiphanyxx
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I guess editing
Primary language: Mostly English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight but at the same time questioning

I think I’m part of the aroace spectrum.

Unread post by Epiphanyxx »

Welp I feel like I’m part of the aroace spectrum. After having to figure myself out it turns out that maybe I’m part of the ace spectrum but idk where in the spectrum I fall into. Okay so I realized most of my crushes were just like friend crushes or like something that has to be like wanting dress like them type of stuff. I like the idea of romance and I have some favorite ship, I have some celeb and fictional crushes but i don’t see myself dating or like i don’t have any interest in dating. As I look around myself with others. Most of the people I know are like already dating or like most crush on real people easily while compared to me I’m just not interested in those stuff. But I think at the same time it is best for me to fully find out once I’m an adult working you know ahhshshs but then again I feel like I am part of the aroace spectrum.
CaitlinEve
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queer

Re: I think I’m part of the aroace spectrum.

Unread post by CaitlinEve »

Hi Epiphanyxx!

Sexuality can be super confusing, but just know you don't have to label yourself or know who/what you are right now (or ever, if you don't want to!). There's no deadline for you to figure out where you are on the aroace spectrum. If you want to identify as one thing now, you can also reconsider and identify as another thing later on when you are better able to explore yourself.

Unfortunately, I can't tell you definitively what you are, but I can link to some articles or resources to help you look more into it if you'd like! To start, here's an asexuality primer article that may help you!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic