Pregnancy Scare

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
Jojomack
Pronouns: She/her

Pregnancy Scare

Unread post by Jojomack »

(Please be kind as I am new to being on the combo pill. A little over 4 months in)

Back in May I took my combo pill out of order (lo loestrin fe) and only missed my last blue pill but took the white pill and continued my pack as normal per my gyno. I had sex that night and morning after (May 12 & 13). My bf never finishes in me (w/o an condom) and I’m usually very good about taking my pill on time except this situation. I have taken multiple tests usually the First Response brand (which have looked negative) July 5th I took a FRER digital which said no -. I had one FRER test before that (June 25) which I thought I saw a line and when I was looking at the pictures I took and using contrast I thought I could see the line but not too sure. I took another July 8th and it also looked negative however I didn’t take it in the morning. I have taken multiple tests at different times of the day (a few have been in the morning) none looked to have a line. By now I would have a blazing positive no matter what time of day right? I have had my withdrawal bleeds on time or a little early, with decent flow red blood and some clots.
aarija
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: dreamy eyes
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them, he/him
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Pregnancy Scare

Unread post by aarija »

Hey Jojomack, Welcome to the boards!
Based on the information you’ve given us, you can be fairly sure that you are not pregnant. With three negative test results, accompanied with a regular withdrawal schedule, you can rest assured that you are not pregnant. In the future, you can always contact your OB-GYN or pharmacist for guidance with slip ups on the pill.
If you feel unsure about having used the pregnancy tests correctly, it's ok to take another one for additional peace of mind. If you're still feeling anxious afterwards, there maybe another cause for that, which we can explore further with you if it's helpful.
Jojomack

aarija wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 7:49 am Hey Jojomack, Welcome to the boards!
Based on the information you’ve given us, you can be fairly sure that you are not pregnant. With three negative test results, accompanied with a regular withdrawal schedule, you can rest assured that you are not pregnant. In the future, you can always contact your OB-GYN or pharmacist for guidance with slip ups on the pill.
If you feel unsure about having used the pregnancy tests correctly, it's ok to take another one for additional peace of mind. If you're still feeling anxious afterwards, there maybe another cause for that, which we can explore further with you if it's helpful.

I took FRER rapid test with my FMU July 12 and it came out negative so that does make me feel better. I do have anxiety that my doctor and I have talked about several years ago and try to control it without medication. I just really have to keep telling myself to trust my birth control and the test. But I still will find some way to worry a little
Sam W
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Pronouns: she/her

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Jojomack,

I'm glad taking the test helped, and that you have some support around your anxiety! If part of this is about struggling to trust your birth control, this might be a really helpful piece to read: Have a Little Faith in BC
And you to whom adversity has dealt the final blow/with smiling bastards lying to you everywhere you go/turn to and put out all your strength of arm and heart and brain/and like the Mary Ellen Carter rise again.
Jojomack

Sam W wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 6:47 am Hi Jojomack,

I'm glad taking the test helped, and that you have some support around your anxiety! If part of this is about struggling to trust your birth control, this might be a really helpful piece to read: Have a Little Faith in BC
Thank you. So would the digital test I took be pretty reliable? And also would I have a obvious positive on the line test?
Sam W
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Pronouns: she/her

Unread post by Sam W »

As long as you took the test according to the directions about when and how to test, then you can assume the results are accurate.

Given how much anxiety this is causing you, it might be sound for you and your boyfriend to take a step back from any sexual activity that poses a pregnancy risk. It sounds like you're consistently combining methods, which is a good step in terms of lowering the overall risk, but if you're feeling like this just isn't something you can afford to risk right now, even a little bit, then taking that break is a kind thing to do for yourself.
And you to whom adversity has dealt the final blow/with smiling bastards lying to you everywhere you go/turn to and put out all your strength of arm and heart and brain/and like the Mary Ellen Carter rise again.
Jojomack

Sam W wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 12:37 pm As long as you took the test according to the directions about when and how to test, then you can assume the results are accurate.

Given how much anxiety this is causing you, it might be sound for you and your boyfriend to take a step back from any sexual activity that poses a pregnancy risk. It sounds like you're consistently combining methods, which is a good step in terms of lowering the overall risk, but if you're feeling like this just isn't something you can afford to risk right now, even a little bit, then taking that break is a kind thing to do for yourself.
We are in our last year of college as student athletes so that’s really the only reason I’m concerned plus being from a conservative family (whom are supportive but would be disappointed). We haven’t seen each other all summer since we don’t live in the same state so I feel like the time has helped. This last negative result really has helped along with my best friend helping and talking me through it. He’s great when it comes to relieving my anxiety and ensuring when we are together and decide to do the deed that he does not do anything to cause a huge risk.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic