Discharge question

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
hedera
not a newbie
Pronouns: she/her

Discharge question

Unread post by hedera »

Hi!
So, back in 2021 I went on vacation to the sea in Greece. I haven’t been since then, but I might have a chance to go
this year, which made a memory cross my mind.
In 2021 after swimming in the sea, I noticed a dark brown stain/discharge on my swimming pants while I was washing them. If I remember correctly, I saw this stain after every swimming day. It wasn’t a lot of discharge but it was noticeable.

I thought this was weird, but I didn’t feel any “symptoms” of anything being wrong. Just the dark discharge. Stupidly enough, I never went to the doctor and just forgot about it.

So, 3 years later, I’m curious. Do you have any idea why that would happen after swimming in the sea?
(If it’s of use, I’m allergic to water from the Ionian sea, however the place we were in was on the completely opposite side from the Ionian.)
hedera
not a newbie
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Discharge question

Unread post by hedera »

Oh my God, actually, I just realised it was probably ovulation spotting, as I’d just finished my period few days earlier. 🤦🏻‍♀️ I don’t know how to delete the post, so I’ll just post this as a reply. Should’ve thought about that more, lol.
KierC
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I can and will reupholster anything
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/they
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: Discharge question

Unread post by KierC »

Hey there Hedera,

No worries at all! You’re right, it sounds like it could be spotting from the end of your period. I don’t believe that swimming in the ocean could impact someone enough to make them spot or bleed, but certainly spotting can happen after your period has finished.

You can keep the post up if you’d like, nothing wrong here, but we can delete it for you too if you’d like it deleted. :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic