Chance of pregnancy?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Mediapd
Awesomeness Quotient: I speak two languages
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He/him
Sexual identity: Straight

Chance of pregnancy?

Unread post by Mediapd »

Me and my gf had intercourse for the first time yesterday, I noticed like a little bit through that the condom started slipping so I would pull it down, and I kept going for about a minute until I was like this isn’t a good idea and pulled out, condom was about halfway on with the tip still covered, and I didn’t ejaculate at all, her period is supposed to start in 2 days, is there a chance of pregnancy and what should be my course of action, do I need to get her plan B?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Chance of pregnancy?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Mediapd,

So, we can never say that vaginal sex is completely without a pregnancy risk, even though kinds of birth control bring that risk as close to zero as possible. What we can say is that if the condom did not break or come all the way off, then you can assume if did its job. On top of that, you two used the withdrawal method as well, adding another layer of protection. You two can look at this article and see what the effectiveness level of those methods combined is, and then decide what to do from there: The Buddy System: Effectiveness Rates for Backing Up Your Birth Control With a Second Method
Mediapd

Unread post by Mediapd »

Okay thank you, so I shouldn’t be worried?
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

In terms of this specific situation, there doesn't appear to be something that dramatically increases the pregnancy risk, and you can assume the condom plus withdrawal gave you a high level of protection.

Too, since condom slippage is often due to sizing issues, I would check out this article about how to find condoms that are the best fit for you, so that if/when you and she decide to be sexual again, you can try a different brand: Your Map to the Condom Aisle
Mediapd

Unread post by Mediapd »

Okay thank you, yeah no I got nervous in the isle because like someone I knew was there so I just grabbed magnums and like they are definitely too big so ill look at sizing thank you so much😭
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

You're welcome! And yep, next time it will help to know what brand is the most likely to be a good fit (and maybe find some other aisles to browse until you're able to be in the one with the condoms without feeling rushed).
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic