Post sex anxiety

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
tristanitee
not a newbie
Pronouns: He/Him

Post sex anxiety

Unread post by tristanitee »

Me and my partner (both 22), have been exploring sexual activities together. Had our first intercourse just yesterday ( july 30), but still has a bit of anxiety. I wore a condom, albeit, it has been on my wallet for i think a month or 2. It is encased in two bills in a special compartment inside the wallet. After using it, i tested it for leaks by running it with tap water, with no visible tears. I pulled out everytime despite having it in mine. We had decent downtime after starting again. She also started her period around july 10, and had regular 30 day periods. Are we seriously okay?
KierC
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I can and will reupholster anything
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/they
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: Post sex anxiety

Unread post by KierC »

Hi there Tristanitee, and welcome to the boards :)

I’m sorry to hear you’re struggling with anxiety around this. To clarify first, did you use a new condom when you started again? Condoms should be thrown away after one use, meaning once it comes off, it doesn’t go back on again. Too, condoms should be stored in a safe space without friction or rubbing. Carrying condom in a pocket or wallet can pose risk to small tears.
tristanitee
not a newbie

Yes we used another condom again. Are tears in the condom usually visible?
Sam W
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi tristanitee,

Yes, when condoms break, it's obvious. There will be a noticeable tear, rather than something like a tiny hole.
And you to whom adversity has dealt the final blow/with smiling bastards lying to you everywhere you go/turn to and put out all your strength of arm and heart and brain/and like the Mary Ellen Carter rise again.
tristanitee
not a newbie

Thank you for all your replies!

I would like to ask one last question, what is the danger of condoms that are placed in places with high temp, friction, etc.? Does it become much more susceptible to breaking due to deterioration? Does that mean these condoms are still usable but has a higher risk of breaking?
Sam W
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

You're welcome!

And yes, when we talk about things that you shouldn't do with condoms--keep them somewhere hot, somewhere they get a lot of friction before opening, etc--is because those things make them more likely to break when they are used.
And you to whom adversity has dealt the final blow/with smiling bastards lying to you everywhere you go/turn to and put out all your strength of arm and heart and brain/and like the Mary Ellen Carter rise again.
tristanitee
not a newbie

Thank you so much! Hope u have a great day ahead of you!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic