Very, very afraid

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
honestlyharry
Pronouns: he/him

Very, very afraid

Unread post by honestlyharry »

haven't had unprotected sex, but 23 days ago, I had vaginal sex and forgot to check the integrity of the condom. I didn't feel or hear anything, but I'm afraid it might have broken without me noticing. I didn't cum during that sex either... That was 5 days after my girlfriend's period

She was supposed to have her period yesterday, 12/08, but she didn't. I'm worried. It's important to mention that she took the morning-after pill in April - last month, her cycle lasted 34 days. Is there any chance of pregnancy or am I freaking out??

I'm not 100% sure it didn't break, but I didn't feel anything when I pulled it ou I didn't hear any noise, either - it's just overthinking, I guess

My concern is that I didn't stop to inspect it after intercourse, I just pulled it out in the dark without looking. Would I have noticed?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Very, very afraid

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi honestlyharry,

So, there are a few things to note here. One is that, when a condom breaks, it's going to be noticeable. Sometimes one or both partners actually feel it break, but even when they don't, when someone goes to remove the condom it'll be obvious that it's broken. So, if you didn't notice a tear, then you can assume the condom did its job.

The other thing to know is that it's common for periods to arrive a few days later, or earlier, than expected (and, depending on how she's tracking it, her estimate may not be all that accurate in the first place). If she's already been having some cycle irregularity, either due to the Plan B or to something else, then that's also going to make it harder to predict when her period will arrive. You can read more about that here:

M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?
And you to whom adversity has dealt the final blow/with smiling bastards lying to you everywhere you go/turn to and put out all your strength of arm and heart and brain/and like the Mary Ellen Carter rise again.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic