the change of vaginal discharge near period

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
whitelies
not a newbie
Pronouns: she/her

the change of vaginal discharge near period

Unread post by whitelies »

hi scarleteen! im sorry because this will be long.

disclaimer: my sexual activity was just sitting on my bf's lap while he was touching me and he left a tiny & super faint spot (im not sure it was his fluid or not but his pants were wet) on my pants, but i remember that my undies was completely dry so i only changed my pants.

so on 28th september, 6 days after my sexual activity and 6 days before my predicted date of period (on flo app), i had dark brown blood clot. i thought it was the old blood from my previous cycle. then i had yellow vaginal discharge for about 3 days. it then stopped and only left milky white thick discharge. until yesterday, 2 days before my period, i found red blood like my period was about to come. but today, it hasn't come and my vaginal discharge is back to white like nothing ever happened. i also felt an intense stomach cramps and nauseous these past few days but still no blood. my period is due tomorrow according to flo app.

my question is, does my sexual activity correlate with my current situation? or is it just because my period is about to start? as i've never experienced this before. usually, if my period about to start, my vaginal discharge will get darker and darker until it comes out, this is the opposite :(

thanks for taking your time to read this <3
Jacob
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: They

Re: the change of vaginal discharge near period

Unread post by Jacob »

High whitelies!

That situation isn't going to affect your cycle or your discharge, there is no way for it to, but it is true that there can be plenty of variation in a person's cycle, sometimes unpredictably. I've known stress to be a factor in varying menstrual cycles, but it's hard to know if that's playing any role here.

We can't say what the changes in your discharge mean, only that nothing there sounds super unusual, even if it's uncommon for you.
"In between two tall mountains there's a place they call lonesome.
Don't see why they call it lonesome.
I'm never lonesome when I go there." Connie Converse - Talkin' Like You
whitelies
not a newbie
Pronouns: she/her

Unread post by whitelies »

thank you for replying!

is there any chance that my blood clots is implantation bleeding?
aarija
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: dreamy eyes
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them, he/him
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by aarija »

Hey whitelies,
the sexual activity you described poses no risk of pregnancy, so there is no chance that the blood clots is implantation bleeding.

Too, I'll refer you back to the articles Sam shared about pregnancy in your previous post!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic