Nail biting habit!

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
carrotcake122
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I am very kind!
Primary language: English!
Pronouns: She/her!
Sexual identity: Straight

Nail biting habit!

Unread post by carrotcake122 »

I've been going through this nail biting habit for quite a long time now... I just would like to not bite them for once you know. I would like to break this habit. Any advice would help, thank you.
Latha
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: Nail biting habit!

Unread post by Latha »

Hi there, Carrotcake122- welcome to the boards!

Ah, I used to bite my nails a lot too. Here are some things you could try:
  • If you don't want long nails, you could keep your nails trimmed short and file them regularly- that way, there isn't anything to bite.
  • You could wear gloves.
  • You could put nail polish on. I noticed I was less likely to bite my nails if I thought they looked pretty and wanted to keep them that way. Also, I've heard that there are special nail polishes that are meant to taste bad to keep you from biting your nails.
  • Sometimes certain emotions or situations can make people bite their nails- if you're more likely to bite your nails when you're stressed or bored, for example, you could try to find other ways to manage those feelings.
  • You could find something else to fiddle with, like a fidget toy for your hands or gum to chew.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic