Dry Humping pregnancy scare

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Kmpgamez
Pronouns: Him

Dry Humping pregnancy scare

Unread post by Kmpgamez »

Hello, me and my girlfriend were dry jumping and I had cotton underwear
On and she had thin cotton underwear. While we were dry jumping, my underwear slipped and I don’t know how long my penis was exposed while she was humping me, but I saw it and slipped it back on and continued dry humping. Later she wanted me to finger her so I did but I never touched my dick or anything. I’m worried about pregnancy because what if my precum leaked through into her underwear and slipped into her vagina if she was wet? Is that possible to have sperm go through one layer of thin underwear into the vagina if she has some fluids on the underwear? And I’m worried because I fingered her, so what if I helped push the precum into her if it did leak through the underwear? She had her period around 7 days after but I’m worried it was implantation bleeding. Around 2 weeks later she’s having nausea, and I think she mentioned having sore nipples. Please help, thank you.
KierC
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I can and will reupholster anything
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/they
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: Dry Humping pregnancy scare

Unread post by KierC »

Hi Kmpgamez, and welcome to the boards!

So, pre-ejaculate doesn’t always contain sperm cells, but when it does, those sperm cells are pretty fragile. Once outside of the body, the sperm cells present in pre-ejaculate will die pretty quickly as they can’t survive in open air, in environments that are hotter or colder than the body, and in more acidic or more basic conditions than the body. This is why indirect contact with pre-ejaculate does not pose a risk to pregnancy. The sperm cells wouldn’t survive being on your underwear and transferring to your girlfriend’s underwear. Does that make sense?

If your girlfriend is still concerned, though, sometimes it can help to take a pregnancy test just so you can be reassured by a negative result. Does that sound doable?
Kmpgamez
Pronouns: Him

Unread post by Kmpgamez »

Yes I’ll probably wait to see if she gets her next period and if she doesn’t we will do a test. So what do u think the reasoning for her symptoms is? Because after that incident a week later she had her period but it started off red and heavy and she said it had clots but then 4 days into the period, it became super light in color and in flow, and the cramps stopped, with that light bleeding only lasting two days. That makes me wonder if it wasn’t a period and was implantation bleeding instead. And also she is on ovulation right now and she hasn’t felt any cramps from that either, following her pregnancy like symptoms.
KierC
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I can and will reupholster anything
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/they
Sexual identity: Queer

Unread post by KierC »

Hi there Kmpgamez,

That sounds like a good idea to me!

In terms of her symptoms, these sound in line with the range of symptoms one can feel during menstruation. I think the bleeding could genuinely be her period, as again, the activity you did does not pose a risk to pregnancy. The period starting off heavy and clotty, then lightening out, sounds very much in line with a “normal” period. Too, ovulation is one of those tricky things to pin down *exactly* when it’s happening, and it doesn’t always induce cramping. Did your girlfriend give you any indication that this is abnormal for her?

All in all, I want to circle back and emphasize that indirect contact with pre-ejaculate does not pose a risk to pregnancy, but if your anxiety about this persists, it might make sense to only take part in sexual activities where you and your partner are aware of and comfortable with the risks involved. Does that make sense?

Here’s a wonderful resource we have on this too, for pregnancy scare anxiety specifically for when your partner has had a period: The Pregnancy Panic Companion: When You’ve Had a Period
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic