Plan B

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
jkimgust
Pronouns: he him

Plan B

Unread post by jkimgust »

Last month, my girlfriend took Plan B. Her period came on time, as usual. However, now her period is 2 days late. Should I be worried? We only had vaginal sex for few minutes with protection, at most I just touched her clit
KierC
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I can and will reupholster anything
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/they
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: Plan B

Unread post by KierC »

Hi there jkimgust, and welcome to the boards!

So, if you wore protection and it didn’t break, you can assume there’s no pregnancy risk here. Was there a risk earlier that made her want to take Plan B?

The day one gets their period can vary by a few days, so two days may not be truly late yet. How does that sound?
jkimgust
Pronouns: he him

Unread post by jkimgust »

Hi! Yes, Plan B was taken just as a precaution as we think sperm leaked from the condom last month. But she ended up menstruating normally. The problem is that it's already 2 or 3 days late this month
KierC
Awesomeness Quotient: I can and will reupholster anything
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/they
Sexual identity: Queer

Unread post by KierC »

Ah ok, I hear you! So, if your girlfriend had a menstrual period after a risk occurred, it is highly unlikely that she became pregnant from that activity, especially if she took Plan B as well.

In this case, her period being a few days late may be related to the Plan B she took, which can sometimes cause the menstrual cycle to change by a few days. Still, though, I hear you that you’re anxious about this. Sometimes it can help to take a pregnancy test just to be reassured by the negative result in your hands. Does that sound like something your girlfriend might like to do?

Also, I hear you that you’re worried about sperm leaking from the condom. If the condom broke, slid off, or rolled most of the way down the penis, there could be leakage, but if the condom remained intact and on, you can assume it contained the sperm and that you are protected from pregnancy.
Sam W
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi jkimgust,

In addition to what Kier said, I want to add that it's incredibly common for a period to arrive a few days later, or earlier, than expected. And that three days isn't even really considered a "late" period because of how common that variation in arrival time is. Too, depending on how your girlfriend is tracking her period, she may not be getting an accurate prediction of when her period will arrive, since not all tracking methods actually have you collect the information you need for an accurate prediction.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic