Dysphoria related to New Crush/Am I too sexual for my age?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
SparkleQueen26
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I am very creative.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Sexual identity: Bisexual/Omnisexual

Dysphoria related to New Crush/Am I too sexual for my age?

Post by SparkleQueen26 »

Hello again,
Like I have said in my previous post I am a 15 year old trans girl. I am a High School Sophomore and have started at a new school which is going well so far, I have become friends with another trans girl who is also a Sophomore and in my English class there is a cis boy that I have a crush on. He seems nice and I think he is cute however I am a bit worried about being rejected due to being trans and I am a bit sad that if we were to start dating there would be limitations in the sex we would able to have. I plan on trying to become friends in the coming weeks and plan on telling him about my feelings later in the semester and would like some advice on how to manage dysphoria in a relationship and how to handle rejection if that happens. I also am wondering if I am too sexual for my age while I know that there are people my age that are way more sexual than me, I do frequently have fantasies about going to this boys house and going down on him and seeing his genitals. I sometimes feel a bit too dirty minded for my age.

Thank you,
Nat
(She/Her/Hers)
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Dysphoria related to New Crush/Am I too sexual for my age?

Post by Sam W »

Hi Nat,

I'm actually going to tackle your last question first. Nothing you've described in this post, or in our other conversations on the boards, suggests that you're "too sexual" for your age. Honestly, I'm not a fan of the concept of someone being "too sexual," because so often it's used to shame people for feeling desire or curiosity or just, you know, being a person with a brain and hormones. Unless an interest sex is causing serious problems--like you're unable to work or go to school--then even a LOT of interest in or thoughts about it isn't cause for concern.

As for asking this guy out, I think getting to know him better is an excellent first step! If you decide to continue with the plan to ask him out, I really like this advice column as simple, clear breakdown of some things to keep in mind: https://www.scarleteen.com/read/relatio ... sk-guy-out. With rejection, I think the kindest way to prepare yourself for that possibility is to remember that none of us will be to everyone's taste; someone turning us down for a date doesn't mean there's anything wrong with us. It just means we're not a good fit for them. That can certainly suck, especially if we were really into the person, but it's also not the end of the world (even if it can sometimes feel like it). Too, if he rejects you explicitly for being trans, that's actually dodging a bullet; after all, you don't want a partner who isn't okay with a part of who you are, you know?

In terms of relationships and dysphoria, does that dysphoria only seem to be attached to sex? Or do you worry that it might crop up in other parts of relationships for you?
And you to whom adversity has dealt the final blow/with smiling bastards lying to you everywhere you go/turn to and put out all your strength of arm and heart and brain/and like the Mary Ellen Carter rise again.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic