Long Lasting Period

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
Brian
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He/Him

Long Lasting Period

Unread post by Brian »

My GF is heading into her third week of her period, still experiencing symptoms of it. She took Plan B last cycle and I’m aware that the pill can change the duration, but last time we did take the pill her period didn’t last this long.

I said in my past questions what sexual activity we did and I’m fully aware they don’t pose any risk of pregnancy, but I think they’re important to mention (dry humping , oral, manual)

Is this normal for the pill to be doing this? If it’s not the pill, then what could it be? I mean..does it mean pregnancy?? I’m horrified of the idea but i saw that idea going around when i searched
CaitlinEve
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Long Lasting Period

Unread post by CaitlinEve »

Brian,

Menstrual cycles in general can vary a lot because of multiple different causes including diet, stress, medication changes, and exercise. Even though your partner has used Plan B before with a different period length, this could still be due to using that method of contraception. I will say that it is not uncommon for Plan B to interact with a person's cycle.

Has her period ever lasted this long before in general or is this a new change? If she's concerned, I would recommend that she visit her primary care physician as it's always good to check to make sure your menstruation is normal for you and your body.
Brian
not a newbie
Pronouns: He/Him

Unread post by Brian »

The last period after Plan B lasted two weeks on the late side (almost being three) So i don’t think it’s too odd to say it might be just the pill.

However, cycle irregularity has was been common for her so I’m assuming the Plan B screwed up her hormones even more?
KierC
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I can and will reupholster anything
Pronouns: She/they
Sexual identity: Queer

Unread post by KierC »

Hi Brian,

I agree with Cat — I think it’s well within the realm of normal Plan B after-effects to have a longer period like this. However, if she’s concerned about her cycle length, it’s a good idea to check in with a medical provider. How does that sound?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic