Bcp and heat

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
kudfc6f5duxc
not a newbie

Bcp and heat

Unread post by kudfc6f5duxc »

Hi i am currently taking microgynon, and I travelled to Thailand with them in my hold luggage which I read is bad as heat can effect them? Also, today I left them in the sun in my bad and sometimes they were im the shade but the temp COULDVE been about 34 degrees or hotter in the sun? It was only for about 5 hours and a few of those would have been in the shade? There's no change in colour or consistency but I don't have any spare packets. Is this risky?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Bcp and heat

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi esTa,

No, leaving them in the sun is unlikely to compromise them, although you may want to check in with a pharmacist about putting them in the hold of the plane with your luggage (any way to just stash them in your carry on?)

And, if you're still concerned they may have been compromised, the soundest thing to do is to plan on using condoms for any intercourse that occurs. That way, you're protected in the case of something messing with your effectiveness, and you've got coverage from STIs as well.
kudfc6f5duxc
not a newbie

Re: Bcp and heat

Unread post by kudfc6f5duxc »

Yes I can defo take them in hand luggage- I only DIDNT on the flight out because it was my pill-free week. I'll phone the doctors when I get home but for the meantime I'll just keep taking them and check when I'm home

Thanks!':)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic