Bcp help

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Questionss
not a newbie

Bcp help

Unread post by Questionss »

this morning i was taking my birth control pill and it got stuck on the roof of my mouth. I grabbed some water and tried to wash it down. Im not sure if i swallowed any of it before it dissolved. Then i ate breakfast about 10 minutes later. I was just wondering if there is an easier way to take these pills in order to avoid the above situation? Also would this change the effectiveness of bcp?
Ashleah
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: "I'm a woman phenomenally"
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: Straight

Re: Bcp help

Unread post by Ashleah »

Questionss,

This question has been answered for you repeatedly in previous threads, including here:
http://www.scarleteen.com/bb/viewtopic. ... 8813#p8813

If you are having problems swallowing the pill it can be broken into smaller pieces or dissolved. You just have to take the entire pill.

Given your post history I would suggest that you consider a different form of birth control that you may feel more comfortable with or to scaling back to a level of sexual activity that does not lead to concerns about pregnancy/ the effectiveness of your birth control.

While we can discuss different forms of birth control and/or scaling back sexual activity, we won't continue to reassure you about your pill use.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic