One Last Storage Question

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
celica2003
not a newbie
Primary language: American English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: straight

One Last Storage Question

Unread post by celica2003 »

Dear Scarleteen,
I have a kind of silly question about birth control storage that I just wanted clarification on. I know prolonged exposure to extreme heat and humidity are not good for birth control pills. Last night, I went with some of my friends to swim and had to bring my birth control with me in my purse. It was not hot at all out and well within the temperature range pills can be safely stored in but it was humid. As long as there were no holes in the individual blisters covering each pill, would a few hours in my purse in humidity affect my pills in any way? I wouldn't think it would but I just wanted to clarify. Thank you so much for all of your help! :)
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: One Last Storage Question

Unread post by Heather »

I've been wondering how you've been, Celica, it's good to see you. :)

Your pills should be fine, and remember, if you're using a backup method (presuming you're having any of the kinds of sex that can present pregnancy risks in the first place), you're all good anyway!

By the by, I found a pretty good anxiety management app a couple weeks ago and thought of you. If you want a companion to that other app, this might be a goodie: http://sam-app.org.uk/
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
celica2003
not a newbie
Primary language: American English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: straight

Re: One Last Storage Question

Unread post by celica2003 »

Hey Heather, thank you so much for thinking of me! That is so sweet! :) I've been trying really hard to remove myself from the sexual situations that were making me feel so anxious...and it has done wonders. Thank you so much also for that wonderful meditation app! There are several breathing/mind exercises I've learned from it that are great for when I'm worried about anything. I will definitely check out the other app as well! I really can't thank you enough for your kindness when I was going through such a rough time! :)

And thanks for the info about the pills! That's good to know. Since I am still continuing to take them for multiple other reasons, I just wanted to make sure I'm storing them properly and not ruining them. Thanks again! You guys are awesome!! :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic