weird feelings

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
confused123
not a newbie

weird feelings

Unread post by confused123 »

Hi, Scarleteen!
my boyfriend and I recently had dry-sex, or dry humping and both of us had at least underwear/boxers on. From reading the other forums and articles I know there was no risk there - thank you for being so informative and easing my mind.

For the first 1-2 years I was fine with the sexual acts my boyfriend and I engaged in,but lately things like dry humping make me panic afterwards, I plan to stop doing that but I'm wondering why this is happening now when I was okay before

Oh and I went on planned Parenthood's website because they seem like a trusted source and they say though unlikely dry humping can lead to pregnancy
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: weird feelings

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi confused123,

There might be a few things going on, and really you're the one who can puzzle them out, but I can offer a few thoughts. One is, are there other things in your life that are causing you stress or anxiety? And has the relationship between you and your boyfriend changed at all over the past few years?
confused123
not a newbie

I had a scare that lasted from early may - late June because we had intercourse so maybe there's some left over feelings from that?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

That sounds like a possibility, especially since the scare took awhile. So, maybe something to try is to work out what activities seem to trigger the fears and which don't, and make a boundary of only engaging in those for awhile.

Too, if you're starting to find that anxiety doesn't go away in the face of information (e.g you know a thing poses no risk but can't make yourself believe that it doesn't), then it might be time for a check-in with a counselor to see if they can help with the anxiety.
confused123
not a newbie

I went to see a counsellor during the last scare and it helped me calm down so I think I'm going to check in again :) thanks for your help
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic