Should i break up with him?

Questions and discussions about relationships: girlfriends, boyfriends, lovers, partners, friends, family or other intimate relationships in your lives.
Teenfreak
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: i dont make judgements about people
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Confused

Should i break up with him?

Unread post by Teenfreak »

Im 15 and have been with my boyfriend for 9 months. He makes me happy and is the person i call if im sad but recently some little things hes done or does get to me. Also over the last few months i feel like we have argued way to much, and the last two days have been awful. Im currently suffering from concusion and instead of being immediately concerned for me he just asked me repeatedly if i had intended to cheat on him (this was due to a misunderstanding but i still felt like he could have waited to bring it up) and now he argued to the point of asking for us to go on a break. He wants to go on a break while hes away for a week on camp and while i dont think he would cheat during that time the thought has obviously occured to me. I showed a friend a few of the angry messages we exchanged and she thinks that he is trying to bait me into breaking up with him. Im not sure if i agree with her because i honestly am inlove with him and it always seemed to me over the course of the nine months that he was more in love with me than i am with him but now hes just snapped. I dont initially want to break up with him because i live how comfortable i am with him
Teenfreak
not a newbie

Re: Should i break up with him?

Cont. (I accidentally pressed submit)

But i am starting to feel like i should. Should i?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Teenfreak,

That's really only something you can say, although him asking for a break, from where I'm sitting, likely means that he either wants to break up or wants to entirely reconsider the relationship. Also, the fixating on whether or not your were going to cheat while you were recovering from a concussion is not really what a supportive partner would do. It may be that the relationship has run its course, and that's okay. It doesn't mean the love you felt for him wasn't real or didn't matter.

I'm going to give you a couple of articles to read that talk about how to evaluate a relationship to see if you want to stay in it, so you can see if they help you work things out at all:
Does Your Relationship Need a Checkup?
Potholes & Dead Ends: Relationship Roadblocks to Look Out For
Teenfreak
not a newbie

Thank you so much for both the advice and the articles. Ill be sure to think over all the information youve given me
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

You're welcome, I hope you find some helpful stuff in them :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic