post-pill amenorrhea?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
misskitty
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: ability to listen & help others
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: straight

post-pill amenorrhea?

Unread post by misskitty »

hello, so basically i haven't had my period for over two months now. my last one was july 2 & was completely normal, on time, & a heavy flow lasting appx five days. my last & only pregnancy risk was in the beginning of may. i had a normal period right after the risk in may, another period in june, then again in july. these were all exactly on time & quite heavy, so i'm pretty certain they were indeed periods. i also took a plan b after the pregnancy risk. my doctor started me on birth control right after the risk in may, but i only took it for two months. i stopped bc after finishing the second pack, which is when i had my period in july. anyways, i thought that since i have had three normal periods, i couldn't possibly be pregnant ( i also have not had symptoms)-- but where on earth is aunt flo? where's my period & what should i do, & is it the birth control that is causing a delayed period?
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect condoms.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: post-pill amenorrhea?

Unread post by Karyn »

Starting and going off hormonal birth control can both throw your body out of whack for a while, as can taking Plan B, so it's really not that surprising that you haven't had a period for a couple of months. It's clear you're not pregnant, and missing periods for a couple of months isn't a huge concern: if you still haven't had a period in another month or so, then it would be a good idea to check in with a doctor, but for now you just have to wait it out.
"Where there is power, there is resistance." -Michel Foucault
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic