Vaginal wetness when exercising?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
PrincessLuLu
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: obsessed with big bang theory
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Vaginal wetness when exercising?

Unread post by PrincessLuLu »

Okay, so I recently have been trying to get into a workout routine so I can be healthier (I currently go once a week, but am working on fitting in 2/3x a week in my schedule as a college student). Anyways, a few weeks ago, I was in the middle of my workout (had ran for about 10 minutes and spent about 20-30 minutes going between different muscle machines, particularly for leg and ab muscles) and I noticed a moist sensation in my underwear. It definitely didn't feel like sweat, and I didn't think i peed myself (never have had urinary incontinence issues ever), but since a few days ago my period had ended I thought maybe it was spotting or something. I immediately went to the restroom to investigate, and there was a small amount of fluid in my underwear that had come out of my vagina. It was clear and had the same consistency as the lubrication that comes when I am sexually aroused. I have no idea why this would happen because I definitely wasn't experiencing any of those feelings at that time (I was focusing on working out not thinking about anyone or anything like that). Is there any scientific explanation for this? Should I be worried?
PrincessLuLu
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: obsessed with big bang theory
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Re: Vaginal wetness when exercising?

Unread post by PrincessLuLu »

I thought I should also mention I am a 21 year old woman who identifies as heterosexual and cis female (I was born female and identify as a straight female). I take hormonal birth control TriSprintec (have for roughly 3 years) and have been on the pill in general for about 4 1/2 years.
Eddie C
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I create. :)
Primary language: Spanish and English
Pronouns: She, her, they, hey you!
Sexual identity: Happy :)

Re: Vaginal wetness when exercising?

Unread post by Eddie C »

Hello there, PrincessLuLu.

Vaginal secretions are just the way vaginas keep themselves clean. When it is normal (no odor or color) is absolutely normal and healthy and nothing to worry about. :)

If you are interested, the next link explains it in depth: http://m.scarleteen.com/article/bodies/ ... secretions
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic