How to stop being sexual with boyfriend?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
JCf316
not a newbie

How to stop being sexual with boyfriend?

Unread post by JCf316 »

I don't know what to do anymore... I've tried everything. We've tried to not be alone together, tried talking things through, we even tried playing board games whenever we want to get physical to distract ourselves. Every time we do things as simple as dry humping or hand jobs I'm terrified I might somehow get pregnant for the next month until I get my period. Even when pregnancy isn't a possibility, I still feel so guilty and I hate myself. I hate doing these things and I want to stop, my boyfriend wants to stop as well, we just can't control these urges and it's about to end our relationship because of this constant guilt. Please help... :(
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: How to stop being sexual with boyfriend?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi JCf316,

I'm sorry you're feeling that way. If you haven't try reading this piece and see if anything there looks doable to you (since what I am hearing is a sort of "it just happens" pattern): When Sex "Just Happened" (And How to Make It Happen Instead)

Beyond that, there is no single magical trick to make this stop. It's up to you two to follow the boundaries you set around this. Have you tried, when you start feeling the desire to be sexual, going somewhere public where sex would be off the table?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic