Is the gyno actually confidential??

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Uhoh

Is the gyno actually confidential??

Unread post by Uhoh »

So my boyfriend and i have had sex multiple times, and whenever my mom has asked i always say no because im afraid of her reaction . She got pregnant when she was 19 (im 16). She said that she was going to take me to the gyno to confirm i was telling the truth. one of my friends said the gyno COULD tell my mom becsuse im underage. Im concerned. Can he tell if im still a virgin or not? Im pretty sure my hymen never broke. If he does find out without me telling him, can he tell my mom if she asks? couldn't I just say i masterbuate or use tampons? Im freaking out.
Uhoh

Re: Is the gyno actually confidential??

Unread post by Uhoh »

Uhoh wrote:So my boyfriend and i have had sex multiple times, and whenever my mom has asked i always say no because im afraid of her reaction . She got pregnant when she was 19 (im 16). She said that she was going to take me to the gyno to confirm i was telling the truth. one of my friends said the gyno COULD tell my mom becsuse im underage. Im concerned. Can he tell if im still a virgin or not? Im pretty sure my hymen never broke. If he does find out without me telling him, can he tell my mom if she asks? couldn't I just say i masterbuate or use tampons? Im freaking out.
Uhoh

Unread post by Uhoh »

Btw my gyno and mom sre kind of friends because he delivered me and has a daughter my age.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Gynecologists not only cannot tell this, no qualified doctor would give someone an exam that is not medically necessary. That would be a massive breach of medical ethics. Too, the law makes your sexual health information private.

Should this doctor lack the ethics to tell your mother they will not give you an exam because she wants one for you to "get the truth," I would advise you refuse the exam and tell the doctor that should they try and force it, or otherwise act outside the ethics and laws they are bound to, you will be reporting them to the state licensing board, the police, or both.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic