New BCP

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Questionss
not a newbie

New BCP

Unread post by Questionss »

So this is my second pack of new birth control pills.
I was on the last brand for 7 months but my period never matched up.
During my first pack of the new pills I got my period during the placebo week.
My issue is that these pills are super tiny so I cannot tell if I am properly swallowing them, or they are just dissolving. If they are somewhat dissolving, does this mean they wont work properly?
Questionss
not a newbie

Re: New BCP

I have been reading online and Im getting many mixed answers. Im even more worried because this was the third pill of the new pack and I cannot say that one of three has for sure been swallowed.
Questionss
not a newbie

I also had sex last night, but with a condom. I was the one that took the condom off after he ejaculated and then we immediately took a shower. So i dont think there was a great amount of sperm on my hands, but would I have a pregnancy risk?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Questionss,

You can assume you are swallowing the pills, unless you feel one get stuck in your mouth or you notice you spit one out. It sound like you're not super happy with them as a method. Have you considered switching to a new type of birth control?
Questionss
not a newbie

i also called three pharmacies today and they said the pills should still work. Overall I am happy with them since they worked within the first month, after i struggled with the other ones for so many months. My problem is that I worry about things too much so i give myself anxiety. Thanks!
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

Have you sought out any professional help with this anxiety? We've talked about birth control and risks and such with you several times and I get the feeling that it's your anxiety that's really driving the questions here. I think getting some help - or talking to your doctor or counselor, if you are getting help now, to see if there are other approaches to try - is going to be your best next step.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic