Acid Reflux?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Girltuesday2015
not a newbie

Acid Reflux?

Unread post by Girltuesday2015 »

Hi, I took my pill about an hour ago. I had a little bit of acid reflux, but didn't throw up. Does this mess with effectiveness?
Carmen
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: disco dancing on roller skates
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Acid Reflux?

Unread post by Carmen »

Hi girltuesday2015,

As far as I know, effectiveness would not be altered unless you actually threw up within a couple hours of taking the pill. Otherwise, the hormone will have already been absorbed. I don't much about this however, so I'll let someone else answer you - or if you are really concerned and want immediate information, I'd suggest you get in touch with a general healthcare provider or professional.
Girltuesday2015
not a newbie

Yeah, it just came up my throat. I didn't vomit anything up.
Girltuesday2015
not a newbie

Hi! I'm so sorry to be a pest I just need to know if I need to get another pill pack to take the extra pill.

Will acid reflux affect anything? I can't get in contact with my doctor.

I've made an appointment to talk to my obgyn about the implant since taking the pill seems to bring me lots of anxiety. Thanks.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

I would put a call into your pharmacist about this (and that's something to do with questions about any medication, rather than waiting for a reply on a message board).

Personally, it doesn't sound to me like you need to make it up, but complex questions about medications are always best for your prescribing physician or pharmacist.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Girltuesday2015
not a newbie

Thanks, I will do that!
Girltuesday2015
not a newbie

For all future people who look at this, I talked to a pharmacist and he said as long as you don't expel it and keep it down, it will continue to get absorbed (and that many women experience acid reflux and take the pill with no issues).
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic