My period wont stop

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
IUDpain
not a newbie

My period wont stop

Unread post by IUDpain »

I had my IUD removed two weeks ago.

Before I had it removed I was spotting black blood. 5 days ago I began to spot red blood so I took my first birth control pill.

My period hasnt stopped . It's at full force with cramps and everything. I usually have 3 day periods but i'm going on my 6th day and I dont know what to do . The blood just gushes out and it was very bloody during sex yesterday.

Can I die from overbleeding on my period? Is this normal? I'm going thru about 3-4 pads a day.
Could the IUD have punctured my uterus? I know the IUD can make you period longer but I no longer have it and it was the Paragard.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: My period wont stop

Unread post by Heather »

Again, the person to contact wth serious medical concerns like this is a healthcare provider. As every page of our site makes clear, we cannot stand in for that kind of care, and indeed, if you are filling several pads a day and having big concerns like this, then your right next step is to access healthcare.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
IUDpain
not a newbie

Unread post by IUDpain »

Well I dont really know where to turn to since I cannot get an appointment.
I guess I'll just wait it out .
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Whatever provider you saw for the IUD removal most likely has an answering service for off hours, as most healthcare providers do. I would call their office and follow the directions. They will usually have someone to figure out if a patient needs to go to the ER or can wait for an appointment.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic