Period problem help please

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Tasha105
not a newbie

Period problem help please

Unread post by Tasha105 »

So I have been charging my period & I've been having 28 day cycles and my last period was on the 22 which means it was supposed to come on the 18th but it still hasn't came yet. & k haven't had sex at all & my boyfriend hasn't ejaculated any where near me. The last time I was with him was on December 27 & the only thing that happened was he was in his car and I was in te next seat, and he used some of my Vaseline to give himself a hand Job, so he ended up ejaculating but I had all of my clothes on he never touched me after that, and prior to that happening all we did was kiss. And after he went hole before I touched myself or anything I washed my hands and then I used the bathroom just to he sure, so I'm just confused to wear my period is.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Period problem help please

Unread post by Heather »

The standard deviation for regular cycles is between two and three days. That means that even for people with the most regular cycles there are, from cycle to cycle, there will most typically still be differences of a few days. You know this already from experience, as as recently as last fall, you were noting cycles that were 26 or 27 days long, so right there, you have a typical deviation for you in the last six month alone of cycles being between 26 and 28 days.

A late period is one that has not arrived when it has been five or more days later than the very latest it would be expected, accounting for that standard deviation. So, your period is not late, as it is not yet even one day later than expected.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Tasha105
not a newbie

I just don't know why it hasn't came yet this is so not normal for me. I know pregnancy is impossible for me because i haven't done anything with any one after I got my last period. I'm just worried that if something happens I would be the only one that will believe me, but since I haven't had direct contact or indirect or no ejaculation on me at all then pregnancy shouldn't be in the question right?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Tasha,

I'm sorry you're feeling as though no one would believe you. Can I ask why you feel like that would happen?
Tasha105
not a newbie

Because, what if I were to become pregnant for some strange reason even though I haven't had any type of sex, I think people would think I'm just lying. But pregnancy can't happen unless there is sex or direct contact so in my case pregnancy should be impossible?
Tasha105
not a newbie

What if some crazy way I touched sperm somewhere without knowing & have gotten pregnant? I'm freaking out... I don't want to take a pregnancy test because I haven't done anything to have a pregnancy risk, but I don't know what to do.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Tasha,

So, what it's sounding like is that you know you can't be pregnant, but you're having a hard time shaking off the "what if" voice in your head. I think this piece might be helpful for you to read right now to help you puzzle out why that might be: You're Not Pregnant. Why Do You think You Are?

Have you ever seen a counselor or other mental health provider to talk about anxiety before?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic