took several test all negative but somehow still worried

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Worry
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm cool
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She
Sexual identity: Female

took several test all negative but somehow still worried

Unread post by Worry »

I don't know what to do . My boyfriend and I use condoms always and he doesn't even ejaculate inside of me he always pulls out with the condom on and fishines outside of me. I have spent to much money on several test over the last few weeks and they are all negative I even went to my doctor and she tested me and it was negative to. I need to stop worryingly but I never track my period so I automatically assume it's late . My breast have been sore for 2 months now so I think that is one of the things making me worried

Please help
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: took several test all negative but somehow still worried

Unread post by Heather »

It sounds to me like the way you are feeling may simply be telling you that you just do not yet feel comfortable having this kind of sex. I also suspect there are some things you could do for yourself to better manage stress and anxiety.

If you know not knowing when your period is coming, for instance, how about you start tracking it? I would be happy to suggest some online or mobile application tools for you to do that, or you can just do it manually on a calendar.

Too, when you're doing things like taking a ton of pregnancy tests, you are focusing on something you know is triggering anxiety for you, rather than just kind of sitting with it, and then doing things that give you a break from it, rather than things that keep you in it. Would you like some resources that can fill you in on how to better manage anxiety?

And how about just taking a break from ANY kind of sex that creates any kind of worry or stress for you, and only doing things you feel 100% comfortable with, including after? In other words, why do things that you know freak you out?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic