Vaginal Discharge

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Vaginal Discharge

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Terra,

Here is a guide to the different types of vaginal discharge and what they generally mean: Honorably Discharged: A Guide to Vaginal Secretions
Terra
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: eyes
Primary language: English
Sexual identity: female

Re: Vaginal Discharge

Unread post by Terra »

Okay thanks. Is it even possible to ovulate that early? And even if I do, does that mean my period will be in another 14days/2weeks?
Terra
not a newbie

Unread post by Terra »

Does a guy's cum and a girl's cum smell the same?
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

You're welcome! Cycles can be irregular, because bodies are not machines. If you want to learn more about cycles, and how to monitor them, these articles will be helpful:
Get With the Flow: All About FAM

On the Rag: A Guide to Menstruation

People's fluids may smell different, especially cause an individual's discharge or ejaculate can vary from day to day
Terra
not a newbie

Unread post by Terra »

Thanks :) How do I know if I'm not ovulating anymore and the ovum is more than 24hoursold?
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Unread post by Redskies »

You probably can't know that.

No-one can know that about their own body unless they've been doing detailed charting of basal temperature and cervical fluid carefully every day for at least the previous six months, and can see clear patterns in their charting records and knows how to interpret those patterns. You can see the basics of how that's done in the FAM article Sam linked you to above. No-one can get information about possible ovulation in the first days, weeks or even months or observing their own body, because everyone's body is different and there isn't one answer that applies to everyone. The information comes from an individual's own pattern of changes that we can see repeating every cycle over a span of many months.
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
Terra
not a newbie

Unread post by Terra »

Okayy Thanks. I have a question about spermcells, If you wipe them off from a surface with a piece of cloth, are there any chances that the sperm cells could survive on the surface when the seminal fluid had already been wiped off? This are just some questions on the article, "Afraid of sperm cells?".
Terra
not a newbie

Unread post by Terra »

Hey, so I've read that spermcells can live up to 3-7 days in a woman's reproductive system. It has been 7 days since the risk. I've tried the checking the EWCM method for ovulation that is using fingers and poke it in my vaginal opening to detect any sticky discharge (ewcm), and I don't feel any sticky discharge or see any ewcm on my tissue after i pee. Can I safely say that my ovulation have not started yet? and if there are sperm still in my vagina, they are probably dying?
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer

Like I said above, you can't find out much about what's happening in your cycle just by looking at the cervical fluid you have right now. You would need to have observed your cervical fluid every day for months to find out what your own patterns are.

Too, cervical fluid before and around the time of ovulation is usually not sticky, but clear and slippery. So, it sounds like the information you're trying to use for this isn't very good, or there's some misunderstanding.
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
Terra
not a newbie

Unread post by Terra »

So is the method I'm using not effective? When you said pattern, does it mean by calculating days? Well, is there a way to know that I've ovulated or not instantly?

What about if I'm having a dry vagina, what does that mean?
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer

Like I said before, no, there's not a way to know when you ovulate if you haven't already been observing and charting your body for at least several months.

Information about how this kind of observation and charting is done is in Get With the Flow: All About FAM, which Sam already linked you to above.
Terra
not a newbie

Unread post by Terra »

Different women observe their fluid in different ways. Some women wipe a piece of toilet paper across their vagina and look at it that way. Other women reach two fingers into their vaginal canal and grab a bit. Still others reach up their canal all the way to their cervix and swipe from there. All three styles are fine so long as you are consistent and choose only one to use for yourself. Observing from toilet paper one day and the cervix another could give you very different readings.

can I use this method starting from today?
Terra
not a newbie

Unread post by Terra »

Different women observe their fluid in different ways. Some women wipe a piece of toilet paper across their vagina and look at it that way. Other women reach two fingers into their vaginal canal and grab a bit. Still others reach up their canal all the way to their cervix and swipe from there. All three styles are fine so long as you are consistent and choose only one to use for yourself. Observing from toilet paper one day and the cervix another could give you very different readings.

can I use these methods starting today and make a conclusion to check whether if I've ovulated or not? and today I used a pantyliner and found ewcm.

and second question, does it mean that when you guys lock other's post about pregnancy fear, does it mean the person's post does not have a pregnancy risk from the situation they've described?
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

So, with tracking your cycle using FAM, you need to do it for awhile before you're able to read your cycle with accuracy. You can't just check once and know
Terra
not a newbie

Unread post by Terra »

Okay thanks. But what does it generally mean when I'm having ewcm discharges in the middle of the cycle? well it is my 12th day of the cycle.

and, during ovulation, do we expect more discharges? or less?
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer

Again, what you're asking about is answered in the information we've linked you to and in the replies we've already given you, so I'm closing this thread.
Locked Previous topicNext topic