laser, ingrown hair and HIV

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
kyleliu

laser, ingrown hair and HIV

Unread post by kyleliu »

Hello.

I received laser treatment three days ago to remove my underarm hair and chest hair. I went to a gay sauna yesterday and several guys licked my underarm. Afterwards I realised that there's an ingrown hair under my left armpit (looks like a pimple, a little bit red). I'm now really worried that I may catch HIV or another STD. What if before licking my armpit, that guy sucked cock or swallowed cum? Also, did the laser treatment make my skin sensitive hence more likely to catch HIV or another STD? I let guys suck my cock, lick my asshole, lick my body, armpits and kiss me. A guy poked his cock into my chest (laser treatment three days ago) and another guy tried to poke his cock around my asshole but I stopped him so he didn't enter but his cock might have touched my asshole briefly. I licked guys as well but didn't suck cock or lick ass. What's my risk of getting HIV or another STD? I'm really anxious. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Kyle
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: laser, ingrown hair and HIV

Unread post by Heather »

Unprotected anal (or vaginal) sex, once did we take shared needle use out of the equation, is where people need to be most concerned about HIV transmission. So, if you have been having any unprotected contact like that -- for example, if you have described here unprotected contact between your anus and someone else's penis, that kind of contact -- that is where you concerns should lie, and where you'll need to reduce your risks with barrier use if you want to keep your risks of HIV and other STIs transmitted that way low.

I have never heard of laser hair removal having any association with HIV risks, and from what we know about how HIV is transmitted, that isn't surprising. However, the best person to always discuss HIV concerns with is your sexual health provider or clinic where you go to get your regular STI (including HIV) tests. Do you know where to go to get those screenings, if you haven't started them as a habit already?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: laser, ingrown hair and HIV

Unread post by Heather »

(Just FYI, I am not sure why you made this new account, but please go back to using your existing account with us: the kyleliu566 account. I also must ask you to please be honest about your age in your profile. This one says 31, the last one from last year says 32. Since either way, you're outside the age group we primarily serve, it matters all the more that you're honest about that, something we ask of all users here in the registration agreement. Thank you.)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic