BCP and blood pressure

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
jperk52391

BCP and blood pressure

Unread post by jperk52391 »

I have been on the same birth control pill (junel 1.5/30) for 7 years without any issues whatsoever and I have always taken it consistently. My blood pressure on it has always been normal. Is it possible that after all this time the pill can increase my blood pressure/pulse? I am also sick with a cold and had a stressful summer academics-wise and also am moving/starting a new job next week. So there are a lot of factors. But i am curious if the pill alone after so long taking it create new side effects such as increasing blood pressure? I plan to go to a doctor but I just wanted to do research before I go in. Thanks!!
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect condoms.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: BCP and blood pressure

Unread post by Karyn »

Side effects like an increase in blood pressure can happen at any time on the pill (as they can with any medication), so yes, if you think your blood pressure is higher then it's very possibly due to the pill. As you know, however, your doctor is the best person to talk to about any issues or new side effects with medication, so making an appointment is a good move.
"Where there is power, there is resistance." -Michel Foucault
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic