Semen on panties

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
edgal
not a newbie
Primary language: English

Semen on panties

Unread post by edgal »

i guess this is a weird question. i just wanted to know that if some pervert puts/ejacs semen on my panties and i wear it unknowingly will that get me pregnant? Actually i travel a lot and put up with my or my husband's friends, and in B&Bs. It's just something i heard and It's got me thinking to no end. Any help will be appreciated.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Semen on panties

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi edgal,

No, that is not how pregnancy occurs. You can read more about that here: Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?
Human Reproduction: A Seafarer's Guide

Are you concerned that someone you travel with might do this?
And you to whom adversity has dealt the final blow/with smiling bastards lying to you everywhere you go/turn to and put out all your strength of arm and heart and brain/and like the Mary Ellen Carter rise again.
edgal
not a newbie

Unread post by edgal »

Yaa.. or maybe someone I am putting up with. My friend saw her landlord sniffing and going through the UGs that she had put out to dry. She was living as a paying guest. It really freaked me out to hear that. And now this thought has really scared me because I wouldn't even know who did it !
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

I see (and that was incredibly inappropriate of her landlord to do, to put it mildly), thank you for clarifying. To make sure I understand, there isn't someone in your life right now who you're worried might do this, this is more of a "what if" fear?
And you to whom adversity has dealt the final blow/with smiling bastards lying to you everywhere you go/turn to and put out all your strength of arm and heart and brain/and like the Mary Ellen Carter rise again.
edgal
not a newbie

Unread post by edgal »

The point that got me thinking was that in this case semen would come in contact with the vagina,vulva and the like
edgal
not a newbie

Unread post by edgal »

No. There isnt anybody. it is just a what-if fear. if anybody did that, i would definitely report to the authorities
edgal
not a newbie

Unread post by edgal »

if you could actually explain, why it's not possible? It would be really helpful.
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

You can find the answer to that in the human reproduction article I linked to earlier.
edgal
not a newbie

Unread post by edgal »

i went through it. in the section under SEMEN OR VAGINAL FLUID SHARING, it says that any contact between the semen and vulva poses a high risk. the 'what-if' fear is that in this case there is contact between semen and the vagina. And semen takes time to dry. So...?
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

That's referring to semen straight out of the penis, not semen that's been on something else. You can read more about that here: Who's Afraid of Sperm Cells?

Do you find yourself having these kinds of extreme fears around other things, or just around sex/pregnancy?
edgal
not a newbie

Unread post by edgal »

Not really. I am scared to have a child, as a normal young 26 year does, i guess. I am not fearful about anything. it's just the pregnancy. after hearing that incident, i used to wonder, that if i did get pregnant, everybody would congratulate me; but what-if this kid was born out of such insane occurrence , what would i do?? And also, if you have any idea, sex ed and talking about sex openly is pretty much taboo in India. We might be growing economically but having a discussion on such grounds with parents/elders is just a big no-no. hence, i stressed myself for some time and then i found you guys !
edgal
not a newbie

Unread post by edgal »

And this stress was because I kept imagining a scenario where some perv would ejac where I kept my clothes to dry (the earlier landlord scenario) and me unknowingly wearing it just then
Ashleah
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: "I'm a woman phenomenally"
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: Straight

Unread post by Ashleah »

Hi Edgal,

I'm sorry this has been stressing you out. But since this is a "what if" scenario it is considered a pregnancy scare post, which we do not answer. The policy is listed below as well as links to information on handling anxiety.

We will not answer ANY questions about pregnancy fear or anxiety in our direct services from users who are not pregnant or who are not or have not otherwise been directly involved with an actual pregnancy.

Please do not post this kind of question. If you are seeing this text, and your thread is locked, it is because you have posted this kind of question.

We CAN and WILL talk about things like:
• choosing and using a method or methods of contraception for any future sexual activity
• creating your own sexual limits and boundaries based on your needs and/or presenting them to any partners
• making sexual choices that suit your own needs, abilities and limitations, including your own readiness for certain possible risks
• help locating or using emergency contraception if and when you have had a pregnancy risk
• discussing options with a real, existing pregnancy, and help finding and accessing those options, such as abortion services and pre-natal care, or discussing feelings or concerns about a past pregnancy
• help with anxiety like locating mental health services, sound self-help or asking for support from friends or family

OPTIONAL SECTION BASED ON THE POST IF PART OF THE QUESTION INCLUDED SOMETHING WE CAN TALK ABOUT/HELP WITH: You mentioned [text here to summarize the issue we CAN talk with them about]. We've made a new thread to talk about that with you here: (link)

That link will be to a new thread you have made for them with a topic title that reflects that content. Alternately, if these is an existing support or help thread that you feel is a good place for them to discuss the issue, you can link to that instead.

For help dealing with a scare (including what poses a risk and your next steps based on your unique situation), you may use our tool on site built for this purpose: The Pregnancy Panic Companion.
For help with anxiety, click here.
For related help and information at Scarleteen, click here.
If you would like more information about this policy, click here.
Locked Previous topicNext topic