I lose my erection with a condon on during sex

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
Thahiti
Awesomeness Quotient: Humble
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He
Sexual identity: Liberated

I lose my erection with a condon on during sex

Unread post by Thahiti »

Hi, I have trouble enjoying sex with a condom on. During foreplay my dick will be hard as a rock, but a few minutes after putting on a condon and inserting my penis inside a vagina I lose my erection, mainly because I'm circumcised and when I put on a condom my penis smoothes out (looks like it doesn't have a head) and that makes me feel no sensation or friction. This has made me to stop dating because I don't want to catch STIs by having unprotected sex. Some people say it's all in the mind, but I don't understand how this is, because my problem started the day I had sex for the first time. Thank you.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: I lose my erection with a condon on during sex

Unread post by Heather »

Let's see if we can help you work this out. :)

Have you tried putting them on for your own masturbation so you can get some more practice when there's no pressure of someone else being around, as well as no hurry to get it on in a way that feels right for you?

Also, have you experimented with sizes or styles of condoms? Has that included trying female condoms with partners, where none of these troubles would likely be an issue?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Thahiti

Unread post by Thahiti »

Well I have tried a few different cheap condoms(what I can afford), but I haven't tried other things you mentioned, but will try from now on.
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

Okay, so the easiest route here would be to try female/inside condoms. They don't fit the penis tight, plus a partner can put it in before you even get started.

In the event you can't find or get those, I would try and get the best male/outside condoms you can, and try learning to use them alone. I figure you already know, but in case you don't, a couple things:

1) Put a couple drops of lube inside a condom before you put it on. That helps with your pleasure and comfort (and sensation), and also aids getting it on.
2) Gently pull back your foreskin as you start putting a condom on, nothing that hurts, just a gentle pull-back. One it is about halfway down the shaft of your penis, let it go.

Do any of those things sound doable to you?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Thahiti

Unread post by Thahiti »

Yeah it does thanks :)
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

Sure thing! Feel free to come back round if those things don't help. Happy to troubleshoot this with you until you can get it all worked out. :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic