Combined pill

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
EllieA
Awesomeness Quotient: Caring
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: In a relationship

Combined pill

Unread post by EllieA »

So whenever I go on holiday and am due on my period I just carry on a new pack straight after I finished the old one so I don't have a period that month, it just means I'll be heavier the following month. This I have been advised by a doctor.

If I were to do this for another occasion, does it still mean that I am still as protected as I was before (if I were to have sex) or does it mess up any kind of routine?
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Re: Combined pill

Unread post by Redskies »

You still have the full protection of your pill if you start another pack straight away.

The one thing you must do is to take all of the active pills in a pack, one day after another, without leaving any pills out or missing any days. It's important, too, to never leave a bigger gap between packs than you're supposed to.

Taking packs back-to-back can sometimes cause a bit of cycle disruption to some people: for example, you might get some mid-cycle bleeding or spotting. That doesn't make any difference to your contraceptive coverage: so long as you take all the active pills in a pack like you should, and you don't start a pack late, you'll have your pill's usual protection.
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic