Withdrawal Bleed

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
bunnylove623
not a newbie
Pronouns: She

Withdrawal Bleed

Unread post by bunnylove623 »

If seen on many places where its diverse as to if you will get your withdrawal bleed if you are pregnant. I've seen on Reddit where you will get it and that it should not be used to determine pregnancy but I've saw on this website and more how if u don't get it then you are pregnant. What is the real answer. My question is, do you still get a normal withdrawal bleed on birth control if you are NOT pregnant or can you still get it. Please explain this to me and why. Thank you
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: Withdrawal Bleed

Unread post by Mo »

First off, I think it's really important to evaluate the source of any information you're getting online. Here's an article about that: Legit or Unfit? Finding Safe, Sound Sex Educators & Support Online Anyone can make an account on reddit; it's not a site known for having any oversight over what people post there.

I think if you go back over the information we have on our site you'll see that we don't say that a missing withdrawal bleed says you are pregnant! (if you have seen this somewhere, please provide a link so we can take a look) This article is a helpful read anytime you're thinking physical symptoms might be a sign of pregnancy: Chicken Soup for the Pregnancy Symptom Freakout's Soul

These two articles about how birth control pills & withdrawal bleeds work might be helpful as well!

I know in a response to an earlier post you made, Edith linked to our articles on pregnancy testing, as well as all of our other information related to fears about pregnancy, birth control, and more; I encourage you to take the time to read through all that info as it'll make the answers to your questions much clearer. :)
bunnylove623
not a newbie
Pronouns: She

Unread post by bunnylove623 »

So does this mean that I will miss my withdrawal bleeding if I am pregnant. Please explain why this happens
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Can I interject here to ask if this is something you're currently dealing with, or if this is a hypothetical situation?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic