Am I having premature ejaculation

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
cannavaro
not a newbie

Am I having premature ejaculation

Unread post by cannavaro »

I used to have safe sex with my gf for the past 3 years. Recently, I'm trying without condom.

The first time I tried, it took a while, and when finally I managed to, I had to pull out and came in less than 10 sec.

2nd time we had without condom, I had masturbated 2 days ago, therefore I last slightly longer but still less than 3 minutes.

We didn't have sex for 2 months, and when I tried again, I barely move more than 5 times and I can't control and have to pull out and ejaculate.

My gf vagina is small and tight, it really dragging my foreskin down a lot and make my penis much sensitive. Am I having premature ejaculation?
Ruby S
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I make a mean grilled cheese.
Primary language: English + ASL.
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queer!

Re: Am I having premature ejaculation

Unread post by Ruby S »

Hi, cannavaro! Thanks for your question. First of all, how are you feeling? Do you think you ejaculate too quickly? Are you communicating with your partner about how this new experience of not using a condom is making you both feel? Have you both been tested for STI's, and are you using other methods of birth control or STI prevention?
Next, check out this post we have! A problem with premature ejaculation...maybe isn't premature ejaculation.
As stated in the article, focus on pleasure, communication, experimentation, and safe ways to prolong sex (if you choose that you want to do that). If you feel like this is a medical issue, feel free to discuss this with your doctor.
Check out the article - it has a lot of great resources!
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Also a PS: the vaginal opening's size and flexibility is mostly about arousal and lubrication. If this has felt too "tight" for you, it has probably felt even more uncomfortable for her.

So, do be sure to always use plenty of lubrication and spend time in other things that get her turned on before intercourse, if you don't already.

Too: some people prefer using condoms, including because they often do extend erection time. If condoms worked better for you and what you want, why not use them?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
cannavaro
not a newbie

Unread post by cannavaro »

Thanks rubyted. Yes, I feel I'm quick, I wanted to last at least 5 minutes... My partner agree too that I ejaculate too fast sometimes. I love the feeling without condom and she is glad that it makes me happy. We are not on any birth control method, but we had sex without condom if we think is much safer from getting pregnant by calculate the date that is nearer to menstruation like 3 days before based on last month menstruation date.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

While it may feel like this is too fast for what you want, as it says in that article the average length of intercourse once penetration happens is around 3 minutes. If you want sexual pleasure to last longer, why not focus more on foreplay and other types of sex?

It sounds like you're trying to use the Fertility Awareness Method which, even when practiced completely correctly, is equal to or slightly less effective at preventing pregnancy than a condom is. And it doesn't sound like you're using Fertility Awareness correctly, as it involves more than guessing at when someone is about to menstruate, so you've got even less protection from it. You would be safer using a condom. Does that make sense?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic