Watery discharge

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Rainsly
Pronouns: She

Watery discharge

Unread post by Rainsly »

My period has been late for a week now, and I noticed over the past week I've been getting really watery discharge (not the kind associated with ovulation). It seems to have tapered off from yesterday, and my underwear isn't getting wet anymore, nor is the pantiliner I use. I'm just wondering could it be a possible infection or something related to my hormones? I was in another state two weeks prior to my period arriving and that might have thrown my cycle out of whack.

I scheduled a appointment with planned parenthood since I dont have insurance anymore, but I'm just wondering if watery discharge is normal or not. Thanks very much for any input in advance!
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Watery discharge

Unread post by Heather »

It could be either, but the only way you can find out if it's an infection or not is via that appointment, and I agree, it was unusual enough to warrant that. So, I'm afraid you'll just have to wait things out until a healthcare provider can investigate.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Rainsly

Unread post by Rainsly »

Thanks for the quick response! I guess I'll have to wait until Monday to find out, unless aunt flow comes before that haha
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Well, even if you get your period, I'd still get it checked out.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Rainsly

Unread post by Rainsly »

Yes, I plan on doing that just to make sure there's nothing abnormal with my body
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic