Not a pregnancy scare question please

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
Neigh
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She

Not a pregnancy scare question please

Unread post by Neigh »

Hi, i am aware of the pregnancy scares policy so no, i am not going to post a pregnancy scare question. I have been using your site to educate myself on sex education because we don't get that here where i live. And when i have pregnancy scares, i refer to your website and boards for facts and information to calm myself down.

However, I wonder if the information on your site and answers shared by volunteers on the archived boards (long ago frmo 2000-2014 i think, where you were answering pregnancy risk questions still), are those information shared still accurate and up to date? Can I refer to those answers and facts if I find myself in similar pregnancy scare situations?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Not a pregnancy scare question please

Unread post by Heather »

By no means should anyone go looking for current information in our old boards archives. We do not go into those and update information -- we couldn't possibly, that's literally all we'd ever have time to do if so.

No matter where you are looking for information on something, you always want to use information from a source that is MORE current, not that is older. Seeking out older, archival information on purpose is something to do when you're researching the history of something, not what you do when you are looking for current information. And since you have already been receiving current information from us here on the boards, there's really no reason to go looking for the same information in an archive of old information.

As well, if you are looking for more information than you get or find on the current boards, the right place to go is to the main site, not the old boards archive. That starts with the home page here -- www.scarleteen.com -- and you'll see a search window for the site in the top left hand corner of every main site page.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Neigh
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She

Unread post by Neigh »

Thanks Heather.

The page here : https://www.scarleteen.com/article/bodi ... _from_that

It takes into consideration presence of pre-ejaculate when measuring pregnancy risks right? So when it says no pregnancy risk, means the fact is that even if pre-ejaculate is present, there is no pregnancy risk?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Both I and other staff have already set limits with you about this, repeatedly, which you keep ignoring or trying to push past, both by doing things like this, or by breaking our rules and creating multiple accounts to manipulate us. We have posted our policy about this clearly for you numerous times now. Please be respectful and stop trying to trick us or otherwise play us to get what you want. It's just not okay.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Locked Previous topicNext topic