Insurance Billing for STD Testing

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
littlelion

Insurance Billing for STD Testing

Unread post by littlelion »

I'm not really sure where else to go with this question because I seem to be getting a difference answer everywhere. So basically, I was at the doctors and asked for lab orders to go get STD testing in addition to some liver testing and lipid panels. I already told my mom that I had to go for some lab work; however, I did not specify, as she would flip out if she knew I had sex. The doctor sent me to Quest Diagnostics, which is covered by my parent's health insurance: Aetna. So my question has to do with the billing. I know that regardless, an EOB is sent to the account holders address and it shows that lab work (in my case) was done. I am unsure, though, of how it shows up on the billing. One of the nurses told me that some insurances just list multiple blood work tests as miscellaneous when there are different tests being done, but that she wasn't sure with our insurance, as each one deals with things differently. I was hoping somebody might know how STD testing shows up on an EOB and/or insurance bill if you also had other lab work done with it.

Thanks in advance!
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: Insurance Billing for STD Testing

Unread post by Mo »

The best thing to do, here, is call Aetna specifically to ask how that works; the folks there will have the most up to date information on how things are displayed on the bill/EOB.
littlelion

Re: Insurance Billing for STD Testing

Unread post by littlelion »

Okay, thank you!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic