Trying to conceive?

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
coffeeeyes

Trying to conceive?

Unread post by coffeeeyes »

So sorry if this is counts as a pregnancy scare..I'm actually trying to get pregnant so I want to know how good my chances are here.

(This is kinda graphic; sorry) My fiance and I are trying to conceive and last night he ejaculated in my mouth and then I spit it out into my hand and fingered myself with it. Are my chances of getting pregnant good after doing this? I heard that sperm can only survive outside of the body for a few seconds so I'm worried that this was a stupid way to try and get pregnant. I'm 20 and pretty healthy so I think getting pregnant should be fairly easy for me?

We did it this way because I sometimes get really awful cramps from sex if he goes too deep and so we tried fingering since I was experiencing cramps. My period isn't due until the 17th..so basically I have two questions: when is the soonest I can have a blood pregnancy test done at the doctor, and is the way we are trying to get pregnant totally useless?

Thanks!
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Trying to conceive?

Unread post by Heather »

Hey there. :)

We list some things we simply do not or cannot do here in our services, and TTC is one of them.

Since if and when you do become pregnant, you will need healthcare during your pregnancy, we advise people who are TTC to go ahead and start that care now. When you do that, that provider can give you information and help conceiving. If intercourse is not something you can or want to do, they can also discuss sound alternatives, like IVF, with you. If you are having pain issues with intercourse, and want intercourse, they can also help with that. Do you need help finding that kind of care?

In the meantime, have you already read our content that explains how conception occurs and what is needed for that to occur? Becuase indeed, what you did is not at all likely to result in pregnancy, and your age doesn't change that.

Btw, something we can do for you is help you better communicate with your partner do that you two can engage in intercourse that feels good, rather than hurts, especially if the only issue is him entering you more deeply than you like, as that is usually a very easy fix.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic