How long can sperm last on wet cloth?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Larry.1802
Awesomeness Quotient: Depression.
Primary language: Vietnamese.
Pronouns: He/him.

How long can sperm last on wet cloth?

Unread post by Larry.1802 »

I touched my pants (kinda trousers) at my pennis place (I had underwear and trousers on). Then I rubbed my hands by a wet cloth. Then I left it for 2-3 hours. Then my gf touched it (it was still wet) then she rubbed her hands on her thighs (she also had pants and underwear on too) to clean and dry her hands. If there were sperms on my trousers before and it got into that wet cloth, could it get into my gf's vagina and get her pregnant? Please help, thank you!
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: How long can sperm last on wet cloth?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Larry.1802,

It looks like we provided you resources, and an answer about this kind of situation, in your last post. Have you had a chance to read through all those resources? If not, can you read through the ones listed under "pregnancy scare" and "education about how human reproduction works" and then come back to this thread if you need to?
Larry.1802
Awesomeness Quotient: Depression.
Primary language: Vietnamese.
Pronouns: He/him.

Unread post by Larry.1802 »

Sam W wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:18 am Hi Larry.1802,

It looks like we provided you resources, and an answer about this kind of situation, in your last post. Have you had a chance to read through all those resources? If not, can you read through the ones listed under "pregnancy scare" and "education about how human reproduction works" and then come back to this thread if you need to?
No, Sam W, this is a different story. Sorry if my questions disturbing you but please, this is a whole differcent story so please help me answer it. I don't live in America, England,..., I'm living in the countryside in an Asian country, I haven't learnt anything about sex education by my teachers, sorry for my stupidity, please help me.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

You don't need to apologize, and it's absolutely normal to feel scared or stressed when you don't have the information you need to understand the risks of a specific situation.

The reason I gave the answer I did here is that this situation, like the one in your previous thread, doesn't pose any risk of pregnancy. But, what's clear from both questions is that a lot of this fear is coming from not knowing the basics of how pregnancy actually happens. On a really basic level, in order for someone to get pregnant, one of the following has to happen: Direct (with no clothing, at all, covering anyone's genitals) genital-to-genital contact between someone with a penis and someone with a vulva, such as genital intercourse or otherwise rubbing genitals together OR Direct contact with ejaculate (semen) and the vulva, vaginal opening or anus (that means no stops along the way, including on people's hands, clothes, or other body parts).

If you want to learn more about how pregnancy does, and does not, happen, this article can help you out: Human Reproduction: A Seafarer's Guide

Too, it sounds like for the time being it might be a good idea for you and your partner to put a pause on sexual activity until you feel more comfortable in your knowledge of what is and isn't a risk. Does that make sense?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic