High Pregnancy risk?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
floydthebarber

High Pregnancy risk?

Unread post by floydthebarber »

My boyfriend and I had sex last night and I noticed that the condom wasn't on (we had moved a couple minutes before that and the condom was still on) I then realised it was inside me, so I pulled it out. there was no noticeable fluid inside the condom and he hadn't ejaculated, his penis was also quite dry. I don't even know if his penis was inside me without a condom on(I could have noticed it just as it had came off, meaning there was no direct genital contact). My periods are very regular, and my next one is due in 16 days. I really don't want to take Plan B if there is very little risk, but I feel that because the condom came off inside and hadn't rolled up there was a potential barrier as well. My boyfriend had ejaculated 24 hours before that and had urinated multiple times between that and the incident, as far as I know this greatly reduces/eliminates semen from pre-ejaculate?

Thank you for any comments! Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: High Pregnancy risk?

Unread post by Heather »

If the condom came off inside your vagina, then you need to figure the condom didn't provide you protection. For condoms to work, they have to be able to contain any fluids that wind up inside them, and they can't do that if they wind up inside a bodily orifice.

You did, however, use withdrawal, and from the sounds of it, properly. In one year of proper use, that method is estimated to be about 96% effective at preventing pregnancy.

So, what you just need to figure here is if you feel comfortable with the withdrawal alone, or if you'd feel better adding the extra protection Plan B can provide.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic