Scared

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Janelledenise3

Scared

Unread post by Janelledenise3 »

My boyfriend and I had sex on Saturday. It's not Wednesday. Ever since we have done it gooey stuff has been coming out of me and when I pee it smells kind of weird. It also hurts when i pee. We used a condom. I finished my period about 4 days earlier Before we had sex. What is happening? Could I be pregnant?
Amanda
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I ran a marathon!
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her or they/them
Sexual identity: pansexual

Re: Scared

Unread post by Amanda »

Hi Janelledenis3,

Sex can cause some chemical changes in the vagina, especially when you first start having sex or when you start having sex with a new partner. These changes may resolve on their own, but if they doesn't and you continue to notice the odor and excess discharge contact your doctor-- it could be bacterial vaginosis. As for pain with urination, this could possibly be a urinary tract infection (UTI), which can also occur after having sex, when small amounts of bacteria are pushed into the urethra (for future reference: always pee shortly after sex to prevent UTIs!). The only way to know if you are pregnant is to take a test, but it would be too soon to tell at this point with an over-the-counter test, if you only just had sex on Saturday. I would highly recommend touching base with your doctor about all of this. Do you have a regular primary care provider, or know where you can access medical care? If not I can help you find a service provider in your area. When you have a urinalysis (UA) test for a UTI, you can also request a pregnancy test--most clinics will run one with any UA on sexually active females as standard protocol.

Also, as part of a general sexual health care plan, you should start getting STI tests regularly, some of which your doctor can also run with a UA. Some STIs can cause symptoms like you're describing, but since you are using condoms you are certainly at less of a risk.

Hope this helps!
"We must not see any person as an abstraction. Instead, we must see in every person a universe with its own secrets, with its own treasures, with its own sources of anguish, and with some measure of triumph." -Elie Wiesel
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic