Newbie Post-Small white bumps

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Just_A_Question
Primary language: English

Newbie Post-Small white bumps

Unread post by Just_A_Question »

I am having an issue with small white bumps on my labia. They are right at the very beginning of the mucosal tissue above my clitoris. They are accompanied by thin clear discharge and a strong odor. I've been to my doctor, and he ran a swab and it wasn't a yeast infection or VB. I'm not sexually active, so it's not an sti. They are really bugging me and I'd like things to go back to normal. I have a physical coming up soon, and I'd like to bring it up again with my doctor, any ideas about what this might be?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Newbie Post-Small white bumps

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Just a question,

I think that discussing this at your physical is your best bet. There's no way for us to diagnose you via internet. If the bumps are causing you discomfort, it might be best to try and see a healthcare provider sooner so they can at least proscribe some treatment.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Newbie Post-Small white bumps

Unread post by Heather »

Also, the doctor who ran those tests, what did they say? Did they say they had any continued concerns, or suggest any additional tests? One reason I ask is that it is possible the bumps -- which could be nothing more than Fordyce spots or just a common genital tissue variation -- are unrelated to the discharge or the odor. So, I'm curious about what their determination was.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic