Does vaginal fluid give guys a rash?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Spndwsl
Awesomeness Quotient: Idk outgoing
Primary language: Twxt
Sexual identity: Straight

Does vaginal fluid give guys a rash?

Unread post by Spndwsl »

So recently I slept with a guy who told me that it was really common for guys to get a rash from sex. He said his ex girlfriend told him it was normal and because of the girls vaginal fluid? That seems weird to me since I've been sexually active for some time with a few different partners and that's never happened and I've never heard of it before. But after sex (we used condoms) there was a slight rash around his pubic area? Is this normal or should I be worried?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Does vaginal fluid give guys a rash?

Unread post by Heather »

By all means, some people are sensitive to genitals fluids, and genitals also often can get irritated by sexual stimulation, especially something with a lot of friction, like intercourse. But most people, of every gender, do not have allergies or sensitivities to these fluids, and rawness from friction can generally be avoided by doing things like using enough lube and stopping if and when someone feels irritated.

Additionally, some people have latex allergies or sensitivities, so rashes or rawness can sometimes be due to that, as well.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic