Question About Bleeding

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
LollyBugg
Awesomeness Quotient: I LOVE singing
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Bi-curious

Question About Bleeding

Unread post by LollyBugg »

Since I've started birth control, and have been using it to stop my period, I've had fairly regular spotting. Nothing worrisome, and I know that's normal for the first few months. But after my boyfriend and I have sex, I sometimes (often) start bleeding more and it is more... Blood-like and less like dark discharge. Like not as thick or congealed. (I'm really trying here..) I was wondering if maybe there is some explanation for that? And I don't know if maybe the fact he has a pretty large penis and I'm a pretty small girl has anything to do with it. We DO have to be careful sometimes so that I don't hurt too much the next day. I wouldn't be quite as confused if the bleeding always coincided with friction burns or something, but even when I don't end up with any soreness, it happens.
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Re: Question About Bleeding

Unread post by Redskies »

Welcome to the boards, LollyBugg.

When you're having intercourse, are you already very aroused and relaxed when you start? That can be one reason someone with a vagina finds intercourse uncomfortable: in its everyday state, the vaginal walls rest together. With increasing arousal and when someone's relaxed, the vagina and vaginal opening open up and create and increase space inside.

If you feel like you Are very aroused and relaxed when you start intercourse, what's likely missing for the both of you here is lube, if you're not already using it? Most people do need to use extra lube in irder to make intercourse or any kind of entry more comfortable. Check out Lube 101: A Slick Little primer

The tissues in the vagina are very delicate and can easily get small injuries, like little nicks, if they're treated too roughly. That's likely what the bleeding after intercourse is about. Are you up-to-date with your sexual healthcare, including STI testing? Random bleeding or bleeding after intercourse or other entry can be an indication of an infection, so it's good to be able to rule that out.

I'm not sure if you mean your body is small overall or if you were referring to your vagina. Vagina "size" doesn't have anything to do with your overall body size, and vaginas are extremely adaptable: when someone's relaxed, aroused, and wanting that kind of activity, the vagina expands around the thing they choose to put inside it. For more on that, have a look: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advic ... e_for_real

Our piece From OW! to WOW! Demystifying Painful Intercourse may well be useful to you.
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic