Placebo Week

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
ConstantWorrier

Placebo Week

Unread post by ConstantWorrier »

What different scenarios can happen during the placebo week on combination birth control? I have been on the pill for about four months now. For the first three months my withdrawal bleed has relatively been the same. It was moderate and lasted about five days. The last month has been quite different. I only experience bleeding for what seemed like a day or less than 24 hours. The blood was brown and light pink at first and then turned red near the end. Does this count as a withdrawal bleed or could it be what is considered implantation bleed? I still have two more inactive pills for this month and I am worried that it stopped so soon. I am not sure what is considered normal and not normal during the inactive week. And is it normal to vary from month to month?
Eddie C
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I create. :)
Primary language: Spanish and English
Pronouns: She, her, they, hey you!
Sexual identity: Happy :)

Re: Placebo Week

Unread post by Eddie C »

What happens on the placebo week can be very different for a lot of people. It can be even different for the same person from time to time. Our bodies are not machines and they do not react the same always. Exercise, stress, diet and even sleep patterns can affect people's cycles. Four months on Birth Control is still new and bodies sometimes need more time to adjust to it. Is not that uncommon for people taking the pill to have variations on their withdrawal bleeding.

Implantation bleeding is really rare but if and when it happens is so, so light that would never be mistaken with a period. Not even if the period lasted just one day. But by all means if you are worried about pregnancy you can always test if you think that would make you feel better. :)
ConstantWorrier

Unread post by ConstantWorrier »

Thanks for answering my question :)
Would is still be to early to take a pregnancy test 16 days after sex for accurate results?
Eddie C
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I create. :)
Primary language: Spanish and English
Pronouns: She, her, they, hey you!
Sexual identity: Happy :)

Unread post by Eddie C »

Most of times you can test after a missing period or 15 days after the risk, whatever comes first. But I'd advise to read the instructions of the test you are going to take as they all can have different ways of working. Here you can have more info about pregnancy testing: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/pregn ... ancy_tests
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic