Uncomfortableness

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
urfavlyssa
Pronouns: she/her

Uncomfortableness

Unread post by urfavlyssa »

Hello, um so lately my grandfather has been making me uncomfortable and what he will do is out of nowhere he will put his hand on my shoulder and lean on me, when he woke me up i was still sleeping and he walked into my room, he constantly stares at me and he will make grunting noises. So i avoid him so i don't have to deal with it and my grandma yells at me to be more respectful to him. And I told my mom about this but yea basically I don't know what to do. I need some help on how to deal with this.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Uncomfortableness

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi urfavlyssa,

This does sound like a really uncomfortable situation and I'm sorry you're in the middle of it. So I have a little more of a picture of what's going on, what was your mom's reaction when you talked with her about this? And do you feel like it's possible to ask your grandfather to stop some of these behaviors, such as the leaning on you or touching you?

Too, do your grandparents share a living space with you, or do you just see them on visits?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic