So confused about the pill!

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Lk987

So confused about the pill!

Unread post by Lk987 »

In December, I started taking Ovranette (a combined pill) on day 5 of my cycle, and I took it regularly never missing one! I take it at about 5 pm everyday, and haven't had any major problems!
But I stupidly went out with my friends the day after Christmas, and had one too many, and I ended up being sick. I had taken my pill at 5 as normal, and then got sick at about half 2 in the morning. I read the leaflet and it said to use protection until I started my next pack, but 6 days later, I had sex with my boyfriend and he wasn't wearing a condom, but it was only for maybe 2-3 minutes and he didn't ejaculate (sorry, TMI, I know!). I'm now on day 3 of my 7 day pill break and I'm still waiting on my period (it's been 4 days since I had sex).
So, my questions are, how long does it take for the pill to be absorbed into my system, and does it mean it didn't work because I got sick 9 hours after taking it? And am I at a high rate of risk of pregnancy because of it?
Sorry if this is very long winded, if it's too confusing to read I'll try shorten it down! Thank you!
Johanna
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: So confused about the pill!

Unread post by Johanna »

You're fine - at 9 hours after taking the pill, it was absorbed and you do not need to worry that your protection was compromised.
"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." - Ayn Rand
Lk987

Unread post by Lk987 »

Thank you so much for the help! Just out of curiosity, how long does it take to be absorbed?
Eddie C
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I create. :)
Primary language: Spanish and English
Pronouns: She, her, they, hey you!
Sexual identity: Happy :)

Unread post by Eddie C »

Full absorption usually takes between two and three hours. :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic