Some Pain

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
idkaboutthis33
Awesomeness Quotient: I am athletic
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she
Sexual identity: straight

Some Pain

Unread post by idkaboutthis33 »

So this is really embarrassing but the other night I decided to engage in some masturbation and I put 4 bobby pins on each nipple then yanked those off. Then I duct taped them down and proceeded to rip the tape off. I repeated this 6 or 7 times then I put menthol rub on my nipples. Its been a couple days and they still hurt and are very hard. Is this normal? Is nipple play dangerous? How can I make them not hurt?
Jacob
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Pronouns: They

Re: Some Pain

Unread post by Jacob »

Hi IDK, welcome to Scarleteen!

I'd say it sounds quite understandable that your nipples would carry on hurting, I guess you damaged a layer or two of skin with the duct tape and maybe caused a bit of bruising with the clamps but I would expect them to start feeling better eventually. Hardness can just result from irritation, which makes sense if they've been made tender from the play you've had with them.

As per risks, the only thing I might worry about is restricting blood supply by clamping your nipples (can be avoided by not clamping for too long), and potential scarring if you ended up breaking skin (which might happen if you didn't allow time for them to heal properly or became more vigorous). Whether these are dangers or deterrents for you or just side effects worth risking really is a choice for you!

For the future, I'm not actually 100% certain what would make them less painful in the long run, but there does seem to be advice in the BDSM scene to avoid using duct tape if you want to keep your skin intact and reduce lasting soreness. So you could look for other techniques which have similar immediate pleasurable effects but with more temporary results. In a similar sense, using metal pins could be replaced with plastic clamps which would again be kinder to your skin.

As per helping them heal, I guess if they are reaaally painful you could take some over-the-counter painkillers, you might find some painkiller creams help too. But I'd expect them to start feeling better soon... it might depend on how fast your body heals and how severely you hurt them. If not, you might want to see a doctor to find out why they're not healing we'd expect them to.

I hope this helps!
"In between two tall mountains there's a place they call lonesome.
Don't see why they call it lonesome.
I'm never lonesome when I go there." Connie Converse - Talkin' Like You
Keda
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always nice, I just sometimes hide it well
Pronouns: she
Sexual identity: Wibbly wobbly sexy wexy

Re: Some Pain

Unread post by Keda »

I too would recommend against ripping duct tape off, since that stuff is mighty damn sticky and there's a not insignificant risk of taking some skin off with it. Using other types of tape which are less powerfully adhesive, or something like a big sticking plaster (which, after all, is designed to come off skin but is still a bastard if you do it quickly) would probably provide a happy medium. :)

Assuming you're a bra-wearing person, it might help to go braless for a few days if that's an option, since the friction from the fabric is probably not helping.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic