Perfect Pill User?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
daisydaisydaisy
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her

Perfect Pill User?

Unread post by daisydaisydaisy »

Hi!
I've been reading up on how to ensure I get maximum protection when taking my birth control pill (micryogynon 30) and I'm slightly confused. Some websites say that you have to take the combination pill either an hour before or after your chosen time or else your protection drops to 91%. However, other places say that as long as you take your pill within 12 hours of the chosen time, you still have maximum protection. Which of these is correct? I sometimes take my pill late (but always during the night time) as I have a busy schedule, am I still a perfect pill user?

Also, as the withdrawal bleed is not a real period, is it still confirmation that you are not pregnant?

Thank you in advance for all your help!
Johanna
previous staff/volunteer
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Perfect Pill User?

Unread post by Johanna »

Maybe a look at our page on the pill will help clear up some confusion? If not, we're happy to try and explain further. Combined Oral Contraceptives (The Pill)

And yes, the withdrawal bleed acts like a period in that it it means that someone is not pregnant.
"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." - Ayn Rand
daisydaisydaisy
not a newbie

Re: Perfect Pill User?

Unread post by daisydaisydaisy »

That's perfect, thank you for the information, I really appreciate it!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic